Saturday, July 11, 2009


Beautiful picture of Evan and Grandma

I reluctantly drove my mom to the airport today.  She arrived last Friday for Chad's baptism and spent a lovely week with us.  I really appreciate how my mom just pitches right it and helps us out with the kids and the house.  She fed Evan spaghetti and meatballs (minced in my food processor of course), watermelon, homemade banana bread and tons of oatmeal, bananas and Greek yogurt.  She took the boys to the pool and the movies, Brett to McDonald's twice, David once and both Chad and David to Target on a Lego shopping spree.  In between all that she did laundry, cleaned my kitchen daily and even made it to the gym with me twice and once to yoga.  

She is Wonder Woman (or Wonder Grandma!).

Meanwhile I was studying like mad for the ACE certified personal trainer's exam which I managed to pass by the skin of my teeth on Friday!!  Yeah!  It was a great feeling of accomplishment. 

So we are all depressed now and Evan will probably lose the five pounds he gained while Grandma was here because let's face it:  no one loves you (and feeds you) like your Grandma!! 

One last picture before leaving for the airport

3 comments:

DadofScouts said...

You are so lucky and blessed to have a mother like that!!! Congrats on passing you exam!! I am so happy for you :)

Shea said...

Grandmas are great. We just got back from a week with my parents and my mom does such fun things with the kids. Good job on passing the exam.

The six of us! said...

Evan is so adorable and so big since we last saw him!!! I know exactly what you mean about your mom. I love it when Grandma comes to visit, and so do my kids. It's so great to be blessed with such a great mom!!!