Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our week in pictures

David's teacher called Thursday night and told me that David had been chosen as one of the weekly World Class Students.  His name would be announced at the conclusion of the school's Friday assembly.  Arriving early Brett, Evan and I camped out in the multipurpose room with our fully loaded stroller to enjoy the spectacle.  As luck would have it Chad's class and another second grade class opened the assembly with a rousing number about synonyms and antonyms. So I got to see both my boys in action.  And I finally got to hear the pledge to the Texas flag ("Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.").  Gotta love the Lone Star State.  Brett particularly enjoyed singing the Hokey Pokey with all the kids.  I captured that on video - Brett trying to figure out which arm and leg to put in!
Our World Class Student on the stage looking a bit nervous...


Happy Evan (5 1/2 mo.) in his jumperoo

Brett waiting for the assembly to start - holding the flashlight he carried around all day.

Brett's "Bear" impression - that is Bear from "Man vs. Wild."  My kids are obsessed.  Yesterday they put together an entire show called "Kids vs. Wild."  I'm pretty sure they could take "the Wild!"

2 comments:

Lara said...

I cant believe how big Evan is! He is darling. How fun to see the different combinations that come out of the gene pool.

Shea said...

Your boys are adorable Becky.